NAFI NY ROAD TO LIFE
NAFI NY intends to provide 3 at-risk youth from NAFI NY programming with an opportunity to gain 3 E’s; experience, education and exposure to life outside of their community. During the development of the trip and actual trip, the youth will have an opportunity to visit and learn the historical implications of landmarks in the United States in a non-traditional manner.
High Impact Donors
Sure, dollars matter. Yet at the end of the day, it`s your impact that counts. Want to make an impact ? We're here to help.
That`s why we provide free tools like direct email and Peer2Peer pages as well as Paid Project Pages and Corporate Sponsorship to help donors spread the word about their favorite projects and charities.
1. Donate what ever amount you want to your favorite projects.
2. Spread the word. Use your free or sponsored impact tools to share the project link or personalize it to share with friends, family and business contacts.
The first dots are your contacts who donate, the second dots are their contacts and so on... for the life of the project!
3. Watch your impact spread across the map dot by dot...
Mary Anne$102.66Dec 19, 2015Mary Anne has donated $102.66, told 0 friends and now has an impact score of 100.00 for this project.
Pamela$1.26Jun 24, 2016Pamela has donated $1.26, told 0 friends and now has an impact score of 11.00 for this project.
Hildy$10.68Jul 08, 2016Hildy has donated $10.68, told 0 friends and now has an impact score of 10.00 for this project.
Christopher$1.15Feb 05, 2016Christopher has donated $1.15, told 0 friends and now has an impact score of 1.00 for this project.
Donation Activity 4
About This Project:
The NAFI NY region would like to select 3 youth from our region to participate in a (4) week cross-country road trip. Youth will be selected by April 2016. The months of May and June will be devoted to a weekly seminar with the participating youth to teach them about the history and geography of the locations we will be visiting, basic wilderness survival skills and culture. In addition to the before mentioned skills this project will provide youth with an opportunity to learn or enhance independent living skills such as budgeting, cooking, team building, socialization and problem solving skills.
During the road trip we will be asking the youth to keep a video diary which will provide the content for a reflective post trip group. The entire trip will be documented on video with the hopes of producing a DVD of the trip for each youth that participates. Upon returning from the trip the youth will also participate in editing the video and planning an event to display the video for their parents, foster parents, community partners and funders.
Total estimated costs, excluding in-kind support, are approximately $15,000.00. This includes a $2000.00 cushion for an emergency return. We are requesting $2000.00 from NAFI’s Arts Initiative, a grant fund available to all NAFI programs to encourage the use of arts. NAFI NY has formed and fund raising committee with the intentions of youth and staff involved in the project holding fund raising events to help support the cost of the trip.
Food items estimate:
• $150.00 on food preparation food for a week: $600.00
• $15.00 on each individual for snacks and misc.: 3,150.00
• Car fridge: $180.00
• Eating supplies: to include plastic plates, forks, spoons, knives, paper towels, preparation utensils: $65.00
• Camping cooking set: $60.00
• Burner camp stove: $120.00
• Sleeping bag @ 100.00 each: $700.00
• Sleeping pads @ 100.00 each: $700.00
• 2 person tent:$150.00
• 5 person tent: $250.00
• First aid car kit to include aspirin: $75.00
• Money for laundromat: $65.00
• Laundry detergent: $25.00
• Batteries: $25.00
• Cleaning supplies: Sponge, soap, large basin, dry towels: $15.00
• Toilet paper: $60.00
• Camera: $250.00
• Flashlight: $25.00
• Enterprise Car Rental: $2,625.00
• Gas: $1,120.00
• Vehicle parking charge: $210.00
• Camp grounds: $500.00
• Hotels: $1,700.00
National Park Tours: $211.00
Grand estimated total: $12,961.00
Items required for Individual to bring:
• Trekking packs
• Canteen/reusable water bottle
• Soap case
• Toiletries (Qtips, floss, cotton balls, etc.)
• Light blankets
• Insect repellant
• Sun screen
• Hand sanitizer
• Wet wipes
• Tissue paper